Saturday, January 07, 2006

Five Restaurant and Street Lounge Review

Five Restaurant and Street Lounge
2917 Bryant Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55408
(612) 827- 5555
www.fiverestaurant.com

On xxxxx, Nicole, Rich and I went to Five Restaurant and Street Lounge. We decided to meet at 8 for cocktails and miraculously I got rockstar parking and was the first one there. I browsed through their wine menu and had a glass of the Ravenswood Vintner's Blend Zinfandel. I have since decided I like it a lot because it has a hint of dark chocolate in it. At least that is what I taste.

This is what I ordered:

Appetizer
Winter Salad

Entree
Scallops (Cooked a la plancha, Nueske bacon vinaigrette, on a soft corn waffle topped with frisee)

Dessert
Coffee and Chocolate Lava Cake
but we also had this creme tiramisu b/c the chocolate lava cake was a bit dry and so not all that great and would have been a waste of calories

The best part of the restaurant was the purple decor. I liked it since it was my favorite color and thought about how I could incorporate some of the same lighting in my room.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never been to that place, but sounds nice! Purple is one of my favorite colors too! Would you recommend this place? Take care,Joshua

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definitely recommend Five for dinner and for just grabbing an drink! The purple color scheme is wonderfully hip and vibrant. They just hired an new Chef and are making tons of renovations. I was in there earlier this week for drinks with some friends and heard that they were installing a baby grand piano into the bar area sometime at the end of the week. Nothing like live twinkling’s...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home